- Golf at McCloud Golf Club (www.mccloudgolfclub.com )
- Day Hikes at McCloud River Falls, Mt. Shasta, and Castle Lake.
- Square Dance in the beautifully restored dance hall (www.mcclouddancecountry.com )
- Kayak, Canoe, bicycles, and raft rentals available at McCloud Outdoors and Gear Exchange
- Mountain Bike rentals, rock climbing wall, and scenic ski lift rides are available at Mt. Shasta Ski Park .
- Fly fish: Join local guide Rick Cox and experience the adventure of fly fishing northern California's Mt. Shasta Blue Ribbon Rivers, world famous for their legendary trout (www.mccloudflyfishing.com )
- Day trips include visiting Mt. Lassen, touring Lava Beds National Monument, Burney Falls, and Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge (www.shastacascade.com )
- Join River Dancers Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking for guided White Water Adventures on the rivers of Northern California.
- Visit the Lavender fields near Mt. Shasta.
- Enjoy Mt. Shasta Ski Park, just four miles from McCloud. The Ski Park has reasonable prices, no lines, challenging runs, and all the amenities you're expect to find in a thoroughly modern ski facility. (www.skipark.com)
- Cross Country skiing is also enjoyed at McCloud flats, Mt. Shasta Ski Park's Nordic Ski Center or Snowman's Hill. For old fashioned family fun, sledding and snowman building opportunities abound around McCloud!